Thursday, October 27, 2011

What I do every day

Shooting video today for the sales page on studyfasternow.com.  Video is a long and slow process...

For the record, doing Study Faster Now seminars is not my dream job.  It's not how I want to spend the next 20 years, or even 2 years.  But, if I can teach a few college kids to stress less and get better grades, and make a few bucks while I do it, that's a fine objective.

I think that, far too often, we entrepreneurial types keep looking and looking and looking for the BIG THING that will make us millions.  STOP.

I'll make my millions, but I'm going to start now, today, and try to make just $10.  Then $100.  Then $1000.  Soon I'll be free from any real financial worries and be able to play with the big kids.

If I wait for the big idea to hit me - and I mean just sit and wait - I won't have the know-how to capitalize on it when it arrives.

How do you get where you want to go?  You work at it.

Every.

Single.

Day.

I understand this, but the execution is never perfect. I miss days. More than I should.  But I'm getting better.  Every time I fart around with my email or RSS reader or fire up the Nintendo Wii instead of doing the work, I become more aware of how pointless it is.  Get the work done first and play around later.

Some people have the right mindset instilled in them from a very young age, but others, like me, were not so fortunate.  It's an uphill battle, fighting against decade-old habits.  Fortunately, I have a clear vision, a keen intellect, and highly supportive allies.

Thanks to you all. I won't let you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be cool. We're experimenting, learning, growing. We don't need haters. Constructive ideas or questions are always welcome!