Monday, October 24, 2011

Marketing using a video sales page

I'm about to re-launch marketing for a study skills seminar that I'm running here in Ann Arbor. My original strategy was too "spammy" for my tastes. I found that I just felt a bit too sleazy - check the screenshot below. (The site will be up in its current form for a day or two while I finish work on the transition.)

I'm changing the page to incorporate a new style of sales copy - video. I can talk directly to the visitors, give specific examples of topics and techniques covered at the seminar, and ask for the sale without resorting to cheap tricks like highlighted red text and clever layout.

Lots of people have had success with video sales pages and I'm confident that, especially for a seminar type of product, I'll see similar results.

I'll post again when the new page is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be cool. We're experimenting, learning, growing. We don't need haters. Constructive ideas or questions are always welcome!