Monday, November 28, 2011

Procrastination and Headaches!

Today should have been way more productive than it was. I'm not going to make any excuses as to why I didn't get enough done but I do want to analyze why I'm doing these things and hopefully by doing this I will be better able to prevent it. Things I do that make me way less productive.

1. Procrastination: I put this down first because in nearly every aspect of my life this is the biggest problem I have. I put almost everything off, and even when I do it I know that I shouldn't so hopefully by admitting I have a problem it will be a first step in fixing it.

2. Headaches: Today I had a pretty bad headache...these stop me in my tracks and are most definitely a huge production killer. The worst part is that they are stress related so the more stressed I get the worse they get, which of course makes me more stressed. Hopefully by trying to lower my stress level I am able to either eliminate headaches or drastically cut down on there presence. One way I can lighten my stress load is to not procrastinate so much.

3. Distractions: I have a horrible habit of using distractions as a way to procrastinate, and a lot of the time I can convince myself that this is being productive.

To try and fix these things I am going to do the following tomorrow: not watch television and only spend 10 minutes at a time on social websites at a time, with at least an hour in between sessions. I will try this for tomorrow and if it goes well I'll continue to the next day. Hopefully by taking small steps I will be able to increase productivity and decrease the negative things in my life. Also I will update again tomorrow to let you all know how it goes.

until then stay classy

-Bethany :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be cool. We're experimenting, learning, growing. We don't need haters. Constructive ideas or questions are always welcome!